Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Practice Turtle, the Cake

Truman, my little boog, is having a birth anniverary soon!! He loves turtles, was a turtle for halloween last year, and makes a face pretty regularly that resembles a turtle, so I thought, What the heck, lets do a turtle cake!!  This is Practice Turtle, he's cool. His face and limbs are weird, and his shell is the same color as the grass, and his shell pattern is extremely not symmetrical, but he's alright! I made him out of red velvet cake and the grass he's standing in is green banana cake with a green coconut flake coating to look more like grass. He's hanging with some bugs, they're cool too, but they don't have names.  I'll post photos of Birthday Turtle after the big day, he's not even a real guy yet and he's already cooler than Practice Turtle, he's even got a pretty sweet ride! Anyhow, this dude was fun to make and I'm going to take him to work with me today so that the ladies there can have fun eating him. Thanks Practice Turtle, you've been lovely!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so cool! Save a piece for me!

Monica said...

Practice Turtle is way cooler than even YOU know!! Gr8 job!! Love your face, Mommy